Wednesday 15 May 2024

Regency Stock 2

 Greetings

Having cut out the pieces of my regency stock , I started to make it up.

First, I loosely box-pleated the facing to the back. I wanted to simulated the first turns of a cravat.


Next, I sewed the folds down and made up the buckle tab and strap.



I then machine sewed the tab and strap to the front of the stock and hand finished the back.


Finally, I carefully marked and eased open the holes for the buckle studs and whip-stitched them open.

Here is a picture of the completed stock and a close up of the buckle end




It fits me ( without being too tight) and I have also experimented with tying a cravat over it.

This achieves a fuller, more pleasing effect.

Another successful project completed...

Until next time

Adieu








No comments:

Post a Comment