I mentioned earlier that I was reworking a painting I did in 2009.
This is how I left it then.
There were a few things that i had started to notice and I decided to forego varnishing it and try to improve the painting.
The main thing I wanted to change was the hair on the blond angel. It now looked like there was too much of it.
I started by using white body and glazes to correct the hair equalize the colours on the figures and give a ground to work up from.
I also dedided to reduce the hair on the black-haired angel.
I also added a white glaze to the water and the distant landscape and reworked the blue areas of the sky.
This is what it looks like after the first session.
I am continuing to work on it and am taking photos after each session.
I will post more on the painting's progress.
Until next time