Wednesday 28 September 2022

Sanctuary Rework Day 20

 Greetings

I have done some more work to the detail on this painting

This is how it looked at the end of day 19.


I have been adjusting small details to the figures and scrollwork. I have added shadowing to emphasise the movement of the scrolls. 

I have adjusted the modelling on the blond angel's rear leg and foot. I have done more work to the red-haired angel's hair and face.



I also did a small amount of detail work to the abbey herb garden.



The painting now looks like this


Once a painting gets to this stage, I am spending more time living with it, looking at it and- occasionally- making small adjustments.

The painting is nearly finished and ( at some point) I will have to make the decision to stop tweaking it.

Then I'll have to leave it for six months before varnishing it...

Until next time

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment