Wednesday 7 September 2022

Amersham

 Greetings

Last Sunday I did a one-day re-enactment show at Amersham.

I take a lot less with me for a one day show, but I still got the car packed the day before, as it would be an early start( for a Sunday)

I took the awning ,a table , a folding chair and the stool I usually sit on when arming.

There were only a few of us there and we only had the soldier's tent for the display of arms and armour.

I narrated the Arming of the Knight and then marshalled the Childrens' battle- keeping sixteen to twenty kids from actually damaging themselves with lengths of pipe lagging.

After lunch, I armoured up for the Fight Show. As I was still feeling the shoulder strain from last week a bit, I had brought my light harness, which had leather upper canons, vambraces, cuisse and greaves.

We planned to do three lots of set moves with arming sword, hand-and-a-half and sword and buckler and them have a few brief fights.

About halfway through the second set, the shoulder strain  suddenly made itself known and I stopped being able to raise my right arm above my shoulder.

We only had three full fighters and the marshal ( who was unarmoured and can't fight too much due to a bad back), so this could have been more of a problem.

Fortunately, we have all fought each other a lot and ( with my opponents working with me) I still managed to fight ( to a degree) twice.

There is another one day event next weekend- I am quite glad I had already told them I would not be doing it . 

I am a bit hypermobile, which means that my tendons/ ligaments take quite a bit of time to settle down once stained or inflammed. I did not go to fight practice yesterday and am trying my electro therapy elbow cuff on my shoulder. As it seem to rob my right biceps of power, I think its the connector between that muscle and my shoulder.

My two cats, Malfeasance and Bertie Mogster, had been MOST DISPLEASED with my going away for the three days of the Bank Holiday and were definitely PUT OUT when I then went away again on the following Sunday.

Betie decided that definite measures must be taken to stop me going away again.

As you can see, he opted to occupy the bag I used to transport my soft kit...

Until next time


Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment