Wednesday 12 June 2024

Guards Steampunk 1

 Greetings

A while ago, I was lucky enough to find an Irish Guards musician's dress tunic in a charity shop.

It was missing the cuffs ( and cuff buttons), one shoulder button, the wing epaulettes and the previous owner had attached some random small British military buttons to the raw sleeve ends by making holes and backing them with rings.

However, it fit me with the raw sleeve ends being only a little too long, so I bought it.

Originally, I planned to make replica cuffs , using my Scots Guard tunic as a pattern, but I have now decided to gently Steampunk it.

First, I trimmed an inch or so from the sleeve ends and added new cuffs, edged with a turn of tape.



 


The tap is very narrow, so I sewed it on by hand.

So far, the new cuff mimics the original uniform, however...

I am currently working on the button flaps and will post more later.

Until next time

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment