Saturday 4 March 2023

Heraldic description

 Greetings

I have studied heraldry for many years  and served as King of Arms for the Far Isles Medieval Society until I  left a few years ago.

In that time I approved and designed many achievements of arms.

This also meant that I had to know how to blazon ( describe arms in heraldic language).

I maintain my interest and look out for achievements that have a pleasing design, or an elegant blazon.

I came across this one recently on the web 


I have always looked out for interesting divided fields, as charges of  metal, colour, or proper can be charged on them.

This field is reminiscent of chequey, but I think should be blazoned

per fess paly ermine and bendy azure and or counter charged

or 

paly ermine and bendy azure and or counter charged fesswise

It is both a pleasing design and an elegant blazon.

Until next time

Adieu


No comments:

Post a Comment