Sunday 19 March 2023

Balrogs

 Greeting

I was out all day at two re-enactors' markets, so did not manage to post.

I collected my re-bladed hand-and-a-half sword and only bought a couple of interesting bottles of booze and a couple of small items- so  not bad really...

I also caught up with lots of folk I've not seen for ages and some ( what with covid and all) I've not seen for years...

Anyway...

I was looking through one of my old sketch books the other day and came across this ink drawing

I was working on a painting of a balrog from 'Lord of the Rings' , based on the actual description, which uses the term 'Wings/' as a simile and a metaphor referring to that simile. 

There was also no indication that the balrog was either deformed, or hideous.

Thus I decided on a pure 'spirit of fire' approach.


This led to this painting


Until next time

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment