Wednesday, 5 August 2026

It's a hard life...

 Greetings.

I have made and aquired quite a large amout of costume over the years and much of it is kept hanging on rails in the sewing room. There is not much space on each rail.

I was putting one of  the bishop's copes away the other day and , in the process, one of his day robes decided to leap from the rail.

When I picked it up, I discovered the reason for this.

This is the wire coathanger I extracted from it.



I did not alter this shape in any way and (briefly) considered giving it an odd title and entering it for the Turner Prize .

Unfortunately, I seem to be cursed with too much integrity...

So, instead, I put the day robe on a better( wooden) hanger and threw out the old one.

Until next time

Adieu


No comments:

Post a Comment