Wednesday 20 December 2023

Christmas

 Seasons Greetings

As a medievalist, I celebrate Christmas in the the old way from Martinmas (11 November) until Candlemas ( 2 February).

I have decorated the hall and living room and the wreath has been hung on the front door.

Sadly, this year I have not been able to make my own wreath ( as in previous years). The yew bush and bay are no more. They have been sacrificed to enable me to park off-road on my former front garden.

We did this as part of  the works getting the old side fence replaced. We have put gates across the old rear drive ( the patio), so we can still use it for visitors and workmen, but I finally I have my rear garden back and delivery drivers will stop trying to deliver to the back door

 As usual, I have set up the tree and decorated it with as many baubles etcetera as I can fit on.



Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas  and a Cool Yule

Until next time

Adieu


No comments:

Post a Comment