Saturday 23 October 2021

Storm guys

 Greetings

When I am putting up my tent , I put up the roof section first, secured by three storm guys.

These need to be set equally round the tent and I used to have to estimate where I needed to set the pegs.

However, my fellow Paladin, Laurie ( His Grace the Duke of Lancaster), devised a clever device to help with this.

He worked out that he could make a quilted canvas triangle and nail it to the wooden finial block at the top of the roof (with an eyeletted hole in the centre for the pole spike-obviously). He could then put an eyelet in each corner of the triangle and attach the storm guy ropes to these and they would always each be one third of the way round the tent.

He kindly passed a copy of the pattern to me and I made my own.

Being me, I decorated it. The golden bee, of course, goes at the back...



This is in the great tradition of ecclesiastical architecture, as , when the tent is up, the blue finial sits on top of this and only God can appreciate the decoration still visible.

Until next time


Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment