Wednesday 11 March 2020

Steampunk Order stars

Greetings

I have been quite fortunate in being able to find old jewellery that can be used a Order stars

The first one I found had no pin, or clasp and was monochrome white metal. The holes in some of the saltir arms probably indicate it was originally sewn onto a sash, or coat.

It seems to have a biblical scene at the centre.

I painted up some of the background in gold to enhance it


As I wanted to wear it with lots of different outfits, I made a fastening for it by gluing
two  2 pence coins to the back and gluing a broach pin to these coins.


Here's a picture of me wearing it with my diplomatic dress uniform.


The second star I found had a little bit of damage and had a plain centre.

I have yet to find a good way to repair the damage, but found a nice lion face button to mount in the middle.


I quite like the two-tone effect on this one.

Until next time

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment