Wednesday 25 January 2017

CD cover art



I am involved in the Science Fiction Music scene, which is known as Filk.

Several people I know are in Filk bands and groups and, from time to time, they produce albums.
I was commissioned by an American group call Three Wierd Sisters to do artwork for the cover of their new album ‘Third Thyme’s The Charm’.

For this job, I was working with a designer for the first time.

I produced some concept drawings and the band chose a combination of two ideas.

As I had to send a high resolution copy across the Atlantic and my scanner only had an A4 plate, I split the frame pieces into four and sent them with clear instructions on how they fit together.




The designer then experimented with background colours (as, at the time, I did not have Photoshop at the time) and settled on the grey parchment. She then added the lettering and sampled some of the motifs as fillers in the lyrics and on the back.


Here's the finished album cover:




All in all, I think it came out rather well.

Until next time

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment