Wednesday 24 July 2024

Guards Steampunk 7

 Greetings

I had finished sewing the lines of gold lace and Russia braid on to the bow section.

Now I tidied up the lace and braid ends and sewed the section into a bow loop.




Next, I had to make a piece to close the centre of the bow. As the examples I had found used a narrower piece for this, I decided to use a different width of gold lace for the decoration.

I also decided to make use of the pieces of red wool I had left from shortening the sleeves of the tunic.

I did not have to decorate the concealed rear part of the closer loop, so I cut a shorter piece of the gold lace and attached the red wool as piping.



I then cut some canvas to length and some black wool to cover it,



hand sewed the wool to the canvas


before hand sewing the piped gold lace to the piece.



I then sewed piece into a loop and slid it on to complete the bow section.



I will post more on this project later.

Until next time

Adieu


No comments:

Post a Comment