Wednesday 10 July 2024

Guards Steampunk 5

 Greetings

I have continued to work on the epaulettes of the steampunked Irish Guards uniform.

I completed sewing on the gold lace, but left the outer edge of the curve unsewn.



Next, I used my brass spike to make holes for the rank badges, which are held on with split pins.

You will note that I opted for the rank of Captain.




Then I carefully doubled over lengths of bullion fringing and hand sewed the two layers together, before hand sewing them onto the epaulettes.

I then tried them out on the tunic to see how they sat.


Next , I sewed down the last of the gold lace and sewed a flexible gold braid over the curve.


Finally, I cut pieces of black felt and , removing the rank badges,glued them to the underside of the epaulettes.


I whip stitched round the edges then pierced the holes for the rank badges with my spike and replaced them.



The epaulettes are now complete.

I still have some work to do on the uniform and will post more later.

Until next time

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment