Wednesday, 20 February 2019

New costume progress 2

Greetings

I am still working on my new costume.

I have added more braid and a velvet cuff to the sleeves and have lined the body with drill to stiffen it.

You will note that I am turning the lining under to finish it  around the front slashes. This will conceal the stitching for the braid.

I have also sewn extra canvass stiffening to the lower front. These are known as 'belly pieces' and were often made of leather in the Seventeenth Century.



Until next time

Adieu

Wednesday, 13 February 2019

Blond

Greetings

Here is another picture from my sketch book. Enjoy.



Until next time

Adieu

Wednesday, 6 February 2019

Progress on new costume 1

Greetings

As part of my new seventeenth century suit, I needed black bucket-top boots.

Whilst I already have some Cromwellian riding boots, they do not have the flared profile of the classic bucket-top.

However, I also have some seventeenth century shoes, so I have made leather boot tops to fit over the shoes, using a pattern for boot-hose,to be secured with the new black butterflies I bought at the last re-enactors' fayre.

I plan to make white, lace-edged boot-hose to sit inside the turn down top.






Until next time

Adieu