Wednesday 12 October 2022

Sanctuary Rework Review

 Greetings

I have been posting about there working of this painting for some time.

It has now reached the stage where I think I may have finished and am going to live with it for a bit to make sure.

Consequently, I thought it would be interesting to review the project.

When I first  'finished' the painting in 2009 it looked like this.


After  twenty sessions working on it, in 2022 it looks like this


I was restricted, to a degree, by the structure that already existed, but have still be able to make some corrections to the figures.

In general, the detail is sharper and the colours are richer and brighter, giving the painting more depth.

So, I will leave it on my easel for some time, but, unless I see something I  have missed, I think this painting will be waiting its six months until varnishing day.

Until next time


Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment