Wednesday, 11 November 2015

New crest for great helm



For the second version of the de Velmont crest, I managed to find a small block of wood suitable for carving and carved it as a single piece.

For this I used a fairly cheap set of woodcarving chisels and a mini drill.

The mitre has come out flatter, due to the restrictions of the largest bit of wood I could buy, but I was able to carve more of the demon’s head and face.

I then drilled a hold in the base so it could be attached to the helm with a screw.

I sealed the wood with a coat of diluted acrylic and then painted the crest, shading into the contours to enhance them.

Once it was dry, I glued some jewels to the mitre with Araldite.

It now looks like this








Until next time

Adieu


No comments:

Post a comment