Wednesday 10 January 2024

12th Night

 Greetings

Whilst I celebrate Christmas the Medieval way (from Martinmas on 11 November to Candlemas on 2 February), I try to limit my festive meals to three.

I usually enjoy a meal with my fellow Paladins of Chivalry early in December, this is followed by the meal on Christmas Day and , finally, by a meal for Twelfth Night( which I usually have on  6 January).

I do not often blog pictures of meals, but this is an exception, as I use my favourite china, best glassware and silver cutlery for my meal of roast duck breast with roast potatoes, cranberry & apple stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry & orange sauce, pigs-in-blankets and red cabbage with cranberry.

Served with a red wine.

Dessert is, of course, Christmas Pudding with my own brandy butter( I am not niggardly with the brandy)- served with Vintage Port.


This is also one of the rare occasions when my antique table is not covered and protected by its  heat-proof tablecloth.

Until next time

Adieu


No comments:

Post a Comment